Stove pipe tee
5. Wing nut (or Knurled Nut)
8. Collar half
9. Stove pipe elbow (or tee)
Figure 2-1. Roof jack assembly and circulating fan installation.
2-3. Installation or Setting-up Instructions
(1) Install heater in a room adequately ventilated to insure complete combustion of fuel oil.
(2) Connect heater to a flue having sufficient draft at all times to assure safe operations.
(3) Heater shall rest on a non-combustible stove board of sufficient size as to extend beyond rear and sides of
fuel oil can.
(4) When locating the heater, allow three feet between heater and combustible material, unless shielded by
metal or other approved noncombustible material. The shield shall be two inches from the combustible material, six
inches from the heater and extend beyond rear and sides of fuel oil can .
(5) the smoke pipe shall be at least 18 inches from combustible material, unless shielded. When the smoke
pipe is protected by sheet metal placed at least one inch from the surface to be protected and extending the length of the
pipe and 12 inches beyond it on both sides, clearance may be reduced to nine inches.
b. Installation of Pipe Shield.
(1) Fit upper pipe shield (fig. 2-2) to underside of hole in roof. The tabs must be rebent to conform to the
pitch of the roof. The straight tabs