Figure 2-3. Circulating fan, summer-installation.
d. Installation of Roof Flashing Assembly (fig. 2-1).
(1) Place flashing (7) and collar assembly (8) lengthwise with roof rafters over hole in roof. The flanged edge
of flashing must be upward. Bend the flange over one rib of the roof.
(2) Form the other edge of flashing against next rib of roof and bend it over the rib.
(3) Apply roof cement on all edges of flashing to prevent leaks.
e. Installation of Heater.
(1) Place heater on the stove board, in location selected.
(2) Fit elbow onto the heater flue collar bolt elbow to flue collar with one bolt.
(3) The center of elbow outlet must line up with the center of damper installed on ceiling.
(4) Fit one length of stove pipe onto elbow.
Install draft regulator tee on this length of stove pipe. The regulator vane must be in position shown in figure 2-2.
(5) Slip the four jointed lengths of stove pipe up through damper, pipe shield and roof flashing assembly.
Lower end of stove pipe and connect with top of draft regulator tee assembly.
f. Installation of Hood, Rain Cap, and Stove Pipe.
(1) Fit insert screen up into hood with flanged edges down.
(2) Slip hood and screen assembly down over stove pipe. Attach rain cap to top of stove pipe with screws and
(3) Aline the holes in the sides of the hood with those in the sides of the flashing collar. Insert the stove pipe
pin through holes in one side of hood and collar. Drive pin through stove pipe and slip it through holes in other side of
collar and hood. Insert cotter pin through hole in pin and bend it over.
(4) Straighten the anchor straps and slip one end through slots in collar. Bend ends over to secure them to
(5) Insert other end of anchor straps through slots in end of hood. Adjust position of hood so that hole is alined
with holes in insect screen, flashing and damper. Then bend ends of anchor strap over to hold securely in position.
g. Level Heater. The heater and fuel control valve must be level to secure even flow of oil into the burner pot. To
level. proceed as follows:
(1) Place level across top grille from front to rear and side to side. Adjust leveler (fig. 1-1) bolts on bottom of
base until heater is level.
(2) Place the level across the top of the fuel control valve from front to rear and side to side. Bend the valve
bracket until valve is level.
Do not operate heater in an enclosed area unless the exhaust gases are properly vented to the
outside. Inhalation of exhaust fumes may result in serious illness or death.
a. The only controls necessary for operation of this equipment is the constant level fuel control valve and the draft
b. The constant level fuel control valve controls the amount of oil entering the burner and prevents any overflow.
The fuel control valve is located on the left side of the heater (fig. 2-2).