(1) Remove the hardware which mounts the power and fuel pump receptacles to the heater case.
(2) Remove all wires from their connection points at the terminal board, flame switch, and other components.
Tag the wires to aid in replacement.
b. Installation. Install in reverse order of removal. Consult wiring diagram.
This space heater contains dangerous voltages which can cause severe electrical
shock. Be sure to disconnect the power plug before repairing the heater.
(1) Remove the support tube (3, fig. 5-11) by removing screw (1) and lock washers (2). Loosen the hose clamp
and pull off the air duct.
(2) Remove the top motor housing assembly (10) from the heater case by removing nuts (4), and washers (5, 6,
(3) Detach the brown and white leads at their terminal ends.
(4) Remove screws (8) and lock washers (9). Separate top motor housing (10) from bottom motor housing (13).
Replace grommet (11) and pads (12) if they are damaged.
(5) Remove bottom motor housing assembly (13).
(6) Pull off sealing tape. Pry off motor housing (19) from motor (20). Remove nut (14), screw (15), lock washer
(16), and ground strap (17). Replace pad (18) if it is damaged.
(7) Combustion motor (20) is now ready for inspection and repair. Replace pads (21) if they are damaged. The
motor housing should be left attached to the combustion motor by the two black leads.
b. Installation. Install in reverse order of removal. Note the following:
(1) Secure ground strap (17) and the ground strap from the motor to the motor housing (19) with screw (15),
washer (16), and nut (14).