(3) Loosen the hose clamp (4) and pull air duct (5) off the burner bead.
(4) Remove five screws (6) and pressure pads (7) which secure the burner head (9) to the heat exchanger (10).
b. Installation. Install burner assembly in reverse order of removal.
(1) Remove the burner assembly from the heat exchanger at the front of the heater case per paragraph 5-15.
(2) Remove eight screws (3) and lock washers (4) which secure rear cover (11) to the rear of the heater case
(3) Remove four screws (5) and lock washers (6) which secure the beat exchanger to the rear cover (11).
Remove the rear cover.
It is not necessary to remove screws (7), lock washers (8), support straps (9), and
shield (10) to remove the heat exchanger. The shield should be examined for
evidence of overheating. Replace if necessary.
(4) Remove asbestos shield (12) and pull out beat exchanger (13).
b. Installation. Install in reverse order of removal and note the following:
(1) Seal heat exchanger where it mates with heater case at front of heater. Use a silicone rubber adhesive
sealant such as General Electric RTV 106, RED, or equivalent.
(2) Before installing burner head, install insulators (1 and 2) inside front end of heat exchanger. See figure 5-17.