(2) Remove the four nuts (1, fig. 6-3), and washers (2 and 3). Pull off label (4).
(3) Remove screws (5 and 6). If the PC board and transistor assembly are being loosened to permit removal of
other components, no further disassembly is recommended.
(4) If the PC board and transistor are being replaced as an assembly, scrape away the coating over the solder
connections on the foil side of the PC board, and unsolder the wires.
Items 7 through 15 are also available as a complete assembly. It is recommended
that these parts be replaced as an assembly, rather than replacing the transistor
(5) If only the transistor is being replaced, scrape away the coating over the solder connections on the PC board
and unsolder the wires (15) to the transistor. Remove nut (7), washers (8, 9, and 10), and screw (11) securing heat sink
(12) to transistor (14). Separate the heat sink and insulator (13) from the transistor.
(6) Wires on the white indicator light (18) are soldered to the PC board. Wires on the red indicator light (18) are
soldered to the time delay assembly terminal strip (37). If the lights must be replaced, unsolder the wires and remove
barrel fasteners (17) which secure the lights to the cover (45).
(7) If the time delay assembly must be replaced, unsolder the remaining wires to it. Remove boot (19), screw
(20), and lock washer (21). Pull off the time delay assembly.
(8) Unsolder the wires to reset switch (25). Remove nuts (22), lock washers (23), and screws (24) which secure
the reset switch to mounting shelf (38). Pull off the switch and spacer (26). RESET button (27) can also be removed.
The bimetallic heater/sensor can be removed without removal of the reset switch.
(9) Remove nuts (28), lock washers (29), screws (30), and washers (31) securing bimetallic heater/sensor (33) to
the mounting shelf. Pull off the sensor and spacers (32).
(10) If terminal strip (37) must be replaced, unsolder remaining wires and drill out rivets (35).
(11) HEATER-OFF-FAN switch (40) is shown for reference. If it must be removed, unsolder wires and remove nut