l N S P E C T / R E M O V E / l N S T A L L
L A B E L S
MATERIALS/PARTS: Dry cleaning solvent (Item 13, Appendix E)
Death or serious injury could occur if precautions are not
taken when maintaining this equipment. Position HEATER-
OFF-FAN switch to OFF, remove power cable plug from
POWER RECEPTACLE, and ground capacitors C1 and C2
prior to gaining access to heater compartments. Terminals
of capacitors are accessible at end cover of combustion
blower. Always disconnect power cable before making con-
tinuity tests or before repairing heater. Always have
another person standing by who is trained in electric shock
Allow sufficient time for heater to cool to room tempera-
ture before gaining access to heater compartments.
1. Refer to paragraph 2-8 and check all labels for legibility and security. If label is unreadable,
2. If label has partially peeled, press it back in place. Replace labels which will not stick to
1. Peel off defective label.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 (safety or Stoddards Solvent)
is potentially dangerous.
Avoid repeated and prolonged
breathing of vapors and skin contact with the liquid. Do
not use near open flame, arcing equipment, or other igni-
tion sources. Always wear eye protection and protective
clothing. Flash point of P-D-680 is 100° to 138° F (38° to
2. Use rag dampened with P-D-680 dry cleaning solvent to clean off old adhesive, dirt, and grease or
oil. Allow surface to air dry.
3. Carefully apply appropriate pressure sensitive label.