R E M O V E / l N S T A L L / T E S T / R E P A I R I G N I T I O N T R A N S F O R M E R AND CABLE (CONT)
5. Check nut (5) for stripped threads or other damage interfering with function. Check soldered
connection of cable shielding to ferrule (6). If nut or shielding is defective, replace transformer
6. If bare wire is burned, has broken strands, or is otherwise damaged, slide shielding back, cut off
damaged portion, and remove 0.25 in. (6.35 mm) of insulation.
7. Pinch or twist bare wires (7) into small bundle and install stud (3) over wires.
Do not crimp threaded part of stud (3) when attaching stud
to wires (7). Crimp only smooth part.
8. Crimp stud (3) on bare wires.
9. Push high tension wire (8) into connector (4) until threaded end of stud (3) projects beyond end
of connector. Seat connector firmly in nut (5) and ferrule (6).
10. Screw spring (2) on threaded end of stud (3).