R E N I O V E / l N S T A L L P O W E R , F U E L P U M P , A N D R O O M T H E R M O S T A T P L U GS
TOOLS: Tool kit, service, refrigeration unit
Solder gun kit
MATERIALS/PARTS: Solder (Item 12, Appendix E)
All three plugs are removed and installed in accordance with the same procedure. Plugs differ in size
and number of pin contacts. The power plug (4-pin) is the largest and has an additional bushing which
other plugs do not have. Once installed, it is not necessary to disassemble the bushing.
1. Disconnect plug from heater.
Death or serious injury could occur if precautions are not
taken when maintaining this equipment. Remove power
cable plug from POWER RECEPTACLE. Always have
another person standing by who is trained in electric shock
2. If removing power plug, first disconnect power cable from power source.
3. Remove two screws (1) and attached lock washers (2). Lift off wire clamps (3).
4. Unscrew endbell (4) from barrel (5) by rotating endbell counterclockwise.
5. Pull on barrel (5) until several inches of cable have been pulled through endbell (4)
6. Separate coupling nut (6), O-ring (7), ferrule (8), and grommet (9) from barrel (5). This exposes
soldered ends of cable wires.