DISASSEMBLE/ASSEMBLE/TEST BLOWER MOTOR (CONT)
1. Assemble following parts in order given:
lower chamber (18)
fan assembly (17)
upper chamber (16)
spacer spool (15)
fan assembly (14)
2. Press skeleton housing (12) in place on parts assembled in step 1.
3. Install armature (8).
4. Hold armature and install flat washer (7) and nut (6). Torque nut to 40.00 in. lb (4.52 Nm).
5. Install loading spring (5).
6. Install field (9) and frame cap (4) using two field screws (3).
7. Install two brush assemblies (2) using screws (1).
1. Assemble 36-inch length of 1 /4-inch ID rubber hose, football inflating needle, and jar or glass
containing at least 16 inches of water.
Insert needle into one end of rubber hose.
Death or serious injury could occur if precautions are not
taken when maintaining this equipment. Position HEATER-
OFF-FAN switch to OFF, remove power cable plug from
POWER RECEPTACLE, and ground capacitors C1 and C2
at end cover of combustion blower. Always have another
person standing by who is trained in electric shock first aid.
Allow sufficient time for heater to cool to room tempera-
ture before gaining access to heater compartments.
2. Open front access door (1) by unlocking stud (2).