R E M O V E / l N S T A L L B U R N E R H E A D A S S E M B L Y ( C O N T)
Do not tighten burner head mounting screws (9) until all
screws are loosely installed. Follow tightening instructions
1. Loosely install burner head assembly (6) and gasket (11) using five screws (9) and pressure pads
(10). Assembled parts should barely touch.
2. Tighten every other screw (9) around flange of burner head assembly (6) to 15.0 to 25.0 in. lb
(1.7 to 2.8 Nm) of torque until all screws have been tightened.
3. Tighten every other screw (9) around flange of burner head assembly (6) to 50.0 to 60.0 in. lb
(5.7 to 6.8 Nm) of torque until all screws have been tightened.
4. Connect combustion blower air duct (8) to burner head assembly (6) using hose clamp (7).
Tighten hose clamp firmly.
5. Install igniter assembly (5) in burner head assembly (6). Connect ignition cable (4) to igniter
6. Install carburetor (3) on burner head assembly (6) using four screws (1) and lock washers (2). If
carburetor was completely removed, refer to lNSPECT/SERVICE/ADJUST/REMOVE/lNSTALL
CARBURETOR, INSTALLATION, page 4-96.
7. Close and lock side heater case doors and front access door.
8. If heater is to be operated, open shutoff valve at fuel container.