DISCHARGE TEMPERATURE THERMOSTAT MAINTENANCE - Continued.
(1) Loosen nut (2) then remove thermostat (7) and rod (1).
(2) Remove nut (6), lockwasher (5), and connector (3).
(3) Tag and disconnect leads (8) from terminals 5 and 6 of temperature controller (4).
(1) Inspect wiring for cracked, burned, or deteriorated insulation and exposed conductor.
(2) Inspect thermostat body for cracks, damage, and corrosion.
Cleaning solvent, Federal specification P-D-680, is toxic and flammable. Use only in a well-
ventilated area. Avoid prolonged breathing of fumes. Keep solvent away from flames. Do not
use in excessive amounts. Avoid skin contact.
(1) Clean thermostat with cleaning solvent (item 11, Appendix E).
(2) Allow to dry.
(1) Connect a multimeter across the thermostat leads (8).
(2) The resistance of the thermostat is dependent on the temperature and should be within 20 percent of the
value listed below.
20°F (-7 C)
(1) Connect thermostat lead (8) to terminals 5 and 6 of temperature controller (4).
3-96 Change 3