3-32.1 MOTOR STARTER (ARMY MODEL H83) MAINTENANCE. - Continued.
Be careful when working with live electrical circuits to prevent contacting electrical voltages
which could cause death or serious injury. Personnel should stand on "High voltage"
switchboard matting (Federal Specification ZZ-M-81A), 3/16 inch (4.8 mm) or greater, to avoid
being grounded. This is the only motor starter test performed with the power on. Proceed with
(a) Set mode selector switch S1 on vent.
(b) To test AC voltage of K9 relay, connect multimeter leads to T1 of K9 relay and TB - 1. After 3 to 5
seconds, a 115 volt 10% should be present.
(c) If above voltage is not present, replace defective K10 time delay (13).
Remainder of procedures must be performed with the power source disconnected to prevent
Repair consists of replacing defective parts with new parts.
(1) Remove and tag all wiring to contactor (l0), timer delay(13), and resistor(14).
(2) Remove one screw (11) and timer delay (13) from contactor (10).
(3) Remove four screws (7), lockwashers (8), and flat washers (9) to remove contactor (10) from bracket (2).
(4) Remove two screws (15), lockwashers (16), and flat washers (17) to remove power resistor (14) from bracket
(5) Remove four screws (5), lockwashers (4), and flat washers (3) to remove bracket (2) from heater. If blind
nuts (1, 6 or 18) are damaged or loose, remove and replace.
Change 3 3-102.1