3-34. SOLENOID VALVES MAINTENANCE.
This Task Covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanics
Cleaning Solvent (Item 11, Appendix E)
Locking Compound (Item 6, Appendix E)
Cleaning solvent, Federal specification P-D-680, is toxic and flammable. Use only in a well-
ventilated area Avoid prolonged breathing of fumes. Keep solvent away from flames. Do not use
in excessive amounts. Avoid skin contact
Heater unit shut down and cool.
Power cable disconnected from power source.
Access door and air filters removed (para 3-10a).
(1) Tag and disconnect solenoid valve wires ( 1 ) from terminal block TB 1-8 and TB 1-9.
(2) Tag and disconnect wires (7) from TB i4 and ON/OFF switch S7.
(3) Disconnect tube assemblies (3, 10, 11, and 12) and remove adapter (2).
Army Model H83 and Air Force model H-82 have a flexible hose instead of rigid tube (3). A
different size adapter (2) is also used.
(4) Unscrew tee (13) and nipple (9). Remove valve (8) from nipple (4).
(5) Remove adapter (6), nipple (4), and valve LI (5).
Change 6 3-104