3-37. FLAME DETECTOR MAINTENANCE - Continued.
(1) Inspect wiring for cracked, broken, or deteriorated insulation and exposed conductor.
(2) Inspect flame detector housing for cracks, signs of burning, and corrosion.
Cleaning solvent, Federal specification P-D-680, is toxic and flammable. Use only in a well-
ventilated area. Avoid prolonged breathing of fumes. Keep solvent away from flames. Do not
use in excessive amounts. Avoid skin contact.
(1) Clean flame detector with cleaning solvent (item 11, Appendix E).
(2) Allow to dry.
(1) Connect flame detector leads (8) to TB1-11 andTB1-12.
(2) Push flame detector (7) into sight tube (6). Flame detector must be alined straight.
(3) Place gasket (2A) and cover (2) into position and secure onto heat exchanger (1) with eight flat washers (3),
eight lockwashers (4), and eight nuts (5).
Change 7 3-118