3-40. COMBUSTION AIR HOSE MAINTENANCE.
This Task Covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanics
Mild Soap (Item 10, Appendix E)
Heater unit shut down and cool.
Power cable disconnected from power source.
Supply and return air ducts removed.
(1) Loosen clamp (1) and clamp (3).
(2) Remove combustion air hose (2) from heat exchanger (4).
(3) Remove clamps (1) and (3) from hose (2).
(1) Inspect clamps for a stripped threads and corrosion.
(2) Inspect hose for cracks, holes, and deterioration.
(1) Clean the hose by washing with a solution of mild soap (item 10, Appendix E) and water.
(2) Rinse thoroughly.
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Place clamps (1) and (3) on each end of hose (2).
(2) Install hose (2) on heat exchanger (4) and tighten clamps (1) and (3).