3-41. FUEL LEVEL GAGE MAINTENANCE - Continued.
(1) Inspect gage face for cracks, moisture, and crazing. Be sure needle is attached to shaft.
(2) Inspect gage body and mounting flange for cracks, dents, holes, and corrosion.
(3) Inspect for loose damaged or missing hardware.
Cleaning solvent, Federal specification P-D-680, is toxic and flammable. Use only in a well-
ventilated area. Avoid prolonged breathing of fumes. Keep solvent away from flames. Do not
use in excessive amounts. Avoid skin contact.
(1) Wash gage body and mounting flange with cleaning solvent (item 11, Appendix E).
(2) Allow to dry.
(3) Clean the face with glass cleaner (item 3, Appendix E).
(1) Place fuel gage (4) into position.
(2) Secure with four screws (1), four flat washers (3), and four lockwashers (2).