3-42. LIFTING HANDLES MAINTENANCE - Continued.
(1) Inspect handle for cracks, burrs, and corrosion.
(2) Inspect lifting handle for bent or missing handle.
(3) Inspect for loose damaged or missing rivets.
Cleaning solvent, Federal specification P-D-680, is toxic and flammable. Use only in a well-
ventilated area. Avoid prolonged breathing of fumes. Keep solvent away from flames. Do not
use in excessive amounts. Avoid skin contact.
(1) Clean the handles in cleaning solvent (item 11, Appendix E).
(2) Allow to dry.
(1) Place handle (2) into position.
(2) Secure with twelve rivets (1).