REQUIRED EQUIPMENT FOR TESTING HEATERS - Continued
7. An insulated outlet duct 44 inches long with thermometer or pyrometer.
EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS
The test procedures you will be using appear in the form of tables which are arranged in the following columns:
ACTION-What to do. Perform all actions in the order listed.
RESULTS-What should happen after an action is performed. For most actions, there are different results for
each heater. If no result is listed, go on to the next action.
REMARKS-Explanations for actions or results. Remarks will appear in bold face type.
THINGS TO CHECK-What to check if you do not get the results indicated.
TEST PROCEDURES - STEWART-WARNER AND HUPP HEATERS
THINGS TO CHECK
1. Install heater on test stand.
2. Remove guard (page 2-31).
3. Connect fuel supply to fuel inlet.
4 Connect test stand wiring harness to input connector.
Never operate heater inside without venting the exhaust out of the test area.
Heaters produce carbon monoxide gas. Injury or death to personnel could re-
5. Connect exhaust hose to heater exhaust port.
6. If using a power supply, adjust for output of 21 to 26 Vdc.