TEST PROCEDURES - ESPAR HEATER- Continued
THINGS TO CHECK
14. Check heater for fuel leaks. Repair any leaks before proceeding with test.
15. Check heater for high and low operational modes.
16. Check fuel flow.
Low FIow-0.67 cc/min max
High FIow-2.17 cc/min max
Always have a fire extinguisher handy. Never perform the overheat test alone;
have someone with you.
17. Check the overheat switch by simulating an overheat condition.
a. Attach 48-inch length of insulated duct to heat exchanger outlet (pages 3-179 and 3-180).
b. Insert thermometer through duct, 42 inches from heater outlet.
c. Start heater (page 2-61) and allow to operate for five minutes.
d. Remove connector (2) from temperature sensor (1) (page 3-140).
e. Bridge terminals of connector with electrical wire to allow current to bypass sensor.
f. Cover duct outlet with cardboard exhaust doughnut (Appendix E).
Heater shut off 300°-356F.
18. Check overheat reset button. Restart heater. Allow heater to run for five minutes.
19. Shut down heater and check purge cycle.
120 seconds to 360 seconds.
20. Disconnect exhaust hose from heater exhaust port.
21. Disconnect test stand wiring harness from input connector.