TM 9-4520-257-12&P 0013 00
1. Inspect the heater body base (1) and doors (2) internally and externally for cracks, distortion, holes
burned through the metal, or rust. If the heater body base (1) is damaged replace it. If the doors (2)
are damaged or missing, contact unit maintenance.
2. Inspect the door latches (3) to check if they are damaged or missing. If the door latches are
damaged or missing, contact unit maintenance.
Clean any soot, carbon deposits, or fuel residue from the heater body base (1) with a rag and/or brush.
REPLACE (TYPE I ONLY)
If heater body base is damaged, replace it.
INSTALL (REFER TO WP 0005 00)
1. Install the adapter ring.
2. Install the grates.
3. Install the top heater shell.
4. Install the stack pipe assembly.