TM 9-4520-257-12&P 0024 00
0024 00-3/(4 Blank)
The high fire ring (2) must be inspected in place since the screws that secure the clamps (1) are installed
in mild steel and are extremely difficult to remove after the heater has been used. The high fire ring (2)
snaps into a groove and can be damaged when attempting removal. Examine the high fire ring (2) and
clamps (1) for bends, dents, corrosion, poor seating, and general condition. If the high fire ring is dented
or bent beyond repair, contact unit maintenance.
INSTALL (REFER TO WP 0005 00)
1. Place the burner shell assembly inside the heater body base and position the burner shell assembly
so that the pipe nipple protrudes through the door opening next to the fuel flow control bracket.
2. Connect the flow control burner hose assembly to the fuel flow control valve.
3. Install the superheater assembly.
4. Install the burner cap assembly.
5. Install the top heater shell.
6. Install the stack pipe assembly on the stack flange on the top heater shell.
END OF WORK PACKAGE