TM 9-4520-257-12&P 0027 00
H-45 LARGE RADIANT SPACE HEATER
(TYPE II, LIQUID FUEL)
GRAVITY FEED ADAPTER
H-45 TYPE II (LIQUID FUEL) HEATER
REMOVE (REFER TO WP 0005 00)
1. Inside the tent, set the fuel OFF/ON control on the fuel flow control valve on the H-45 Type II (Liquid
Fuel) Heater to the OFF position.
2. Outside the tent, place an absorbent mat close to the fuel can stand. Remove the fuel can from the
fuel can stand, and place the fuel can upright on the absorbent mat.
3. Remove the fuel supply hose from the gravity feed adapter (see WP 0005 00).
4. Unscrew the gravity feed adapter cap from the fuel can.
1. Inspect the gravity feed adapter cap (1) for any cracks that would cause a fuel leak.
2. Inspect the gasket (2) inside the adapter for any cracks that would prevent a proper seal.
3. Inspect the hose (3) and QD connector (4) at the top of the adapter to ensure that they are securely
connected and that the hoses are not cracked or otherwise damaged.
4. Check the holes (5) on the outside surface of the automatic vent (6) and insure that they are not
blocked or clogged with dirt or other debris.
5. Check the holes (7) on the underside of the adapter and ensure that they are not clogged or blocked
with any type of obstruction.
6. Inspect the condition of the umbrella valve (8) on the underside of the adapter. Make sure that the
umbrella valve is not torn, cracked, worn or otherwise damaged that would prevent a good seal.
Absorbent Material (WP 0052 00, Table 1, Item 1)
Gasket (WP 0052 00, Table 1, Item 4)
Umbrella Valve (WP 0052 00, Table 1, Item 8)
WP 0005 00
H-45 shutdown and cool (WP 0005 00)