TM 9-4520-257-12&P 0027 00
1. Replace a cracked or otherwise damaged gravity feed adapter gasket (2) by removing the damaged
gasket and pressing a new gasket in place.
2. Replace a damaged umbrella valve (8) by first removing any remaining portions of the damaged
valve. Pry off the protective cap (9) on the top of the adapter. Take the spare umbrella valve (10) out
of its storage area. Press the spare umbrella valve (10) in place on the underside of the automatic
vent (6). Be sure that the spare umbrella valve (10) is properly seated and that the edges of the valve
are flush against the automatic vent (6).
3. Replace the gravity feed adapter if there are cracks in the plastic cap (1), the hose (3) is damaged, or
the QD connector (4) leaks.
INSTALL (REFER TO WP 0005 00)
1. Screw the gravity feed adapter cap on the fuel can.
2. Install the fuel supply hose on the gravity feed adapter.
3. Install the fuel can on the fuel can stand.
END OF WORK PACKAGE