TM 9-4520-257-12&P 0005 00
Preparing The H-45 Type I (Solid Fuel) Heater For Movement
Do not attempt to disassemble a hot heater unit. Severe burns may
The H-45 Type I (Solid Fuel) Heater with the shipping container,
weighs approximately 72 pounds (32.66 kg). Two persons must carry
the H-45 Type I (Solid Fuel) Heater, lifting using their legs, not their
backs, to prevent injury.
If the H-45 Type I (Solid Fuel) Heater is to be relocated within the same
general location, it does not need to be completely disassembled. Only
the stack needs to be disassembled. Two persons are needed to carry
the equipment to the new position. If the heater is to be placed in
storage, prepare the equipment in accordance with WP 0005 00.
1. Shutdown the H-45 Type I (Solid Fuel) Heater in accordance with the previous section of this work
package, Shutting Down The H-45 Type I (Solid Fuel) Heater, and let the heater cool completely.
2. Outside the tent, remove the guy lines (1) from the stakes. Stow the three stakes that were used to
anchor the guy lines. (Refer to the tentspecific operator manual for stowing the stakes.)
3. Inside the tent, lift the stack assembly (2) from the stack flange (3) on the top heater shell (8). Angle
the stack assembly, while lowering the stack cap (5) with attached guy lines (1) through the tent stack
shield opening (6). Lay the stack assembly (2) on the tent floor.
4. Remove the spark arrester (16) from the bottommost stack and set it aside. Remove the stack cap
(5) with attached guy lines (1) from the topmost stack section. Stuff the guy lines (1) inside the stack
cap (5), and set it aside. Separate the remaining stack sections, leaving the seams of the stack pipe
sections sealed and set them aside.
5. Close the flap on the tent stack shield opening (6). (Refer to the tent-specific operator manual for tent
6. Loosen the wing nuts on the bolt and wing nut assemblies (7) holding the top heater shell (8) to the
heater body base (9), remove the bolt and wing nut assemblies (7) from the brackets (13), and
remove the top heater shell (8).