H - Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at general support
D - Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, return to depot. Condemnation and disposal of
item not authorized below depot level.
L - Reparable item. Condemnation and disposal not authorized below specialized repair activity (SRA).
A - Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (e.g., precious
metal content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material). Refer to appropriate
manuals/directives for specific instructions.
c. FSCM (Column (3)). The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code
which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
d. PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual,
company, firm, corporation, or government activity), that controls the design and characteristics of the item by
means of its engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or
range of items.
NOTE: When you use a NSN to requisition an item, the item received may have a different part number
from the part ordered.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5)). This column includes the following
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry (insert
applicable physical security classification abbreviation, e.g., Phy Sec Cl (C) -Confidential, Phy Sec Cl (S) -
Secret, Phy Sec Cl (T) -Top Secret).
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled
item line entry.
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers
are shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for
each special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments supported
exceeds density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a
given figure in both Section II and Section IIl.
f. QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the
breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an
assembly. A "V" appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the
quantity may vary from application to application.