b. FABRICATION INSTRUCTIONS. Bulk materials required to manufacture items are listed in the Bulk
Material Functional Group of this RPSTL. Part numbers for bulk materials are also referenced in the
description column of the line item entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated. Detailed fabrication
instructions for items source codes to be manufactured or fabricated are found in TM 9-4520-260-13.
c. ASSEMBL Y INSTRUCTION. Detailed assembly instructions for items source coded to be assembled
from component spare/repair parts are found in TM 9-4520-260-13. Items that make up the assembly are listed
immediately following the assembly item entry or reference is made to an applicable figure.
d. KITS. Line item entries for repair parts kits appear in a group in Section II (see table of contents).
e. INDEXNUMBERS. Items which have the word BULK in the figure column will have an index number
shown in the item number column. This index number is a cross-reference between the National Stock
Number/Part Number Index and the bulk material list in Section II.
f. ASSOCIATED PUBLICATIONS. The publication(s) listed below pertain to the centrifugal pump unit
and its components:
Heater, Space, Diesel
g. ILLUSTRATIONS- LISTING. The illustrations in this RPSTL are identical to those published in TM 9-
4520-260-13. Only those parts codes "C" or "O" in the third position of the SMR Code are listed in the tabular
listing; therefore, there may be a break in the item number sequence. Only illustrations containing
organizational or aviation unit authorized items appear in this RPSTL.
6. How to Locate Repair Parts.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the
item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and
listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and use the Figure and Item Number Index to find the NSN.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the National Stock Number or the Part Number Index, find the pertinent National Stock
Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence (see
4.1(1)). The part numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see 4.b).
Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration/figure and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. Turn to the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you are looking for, then
locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
7. Abbreviations. All abbreviations are in accordance with MIL-STD-12.