FIELD (UNIT) MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 2, WP 0092
MOS 63J or 52C
Main Battery Power Switch in the OFF position
and handle removed
If the tank has a significant amount of fuel, it should be pumped or siphoned off into an
approved container through the fuel filler port.
1. To drain all accumulated water from fuel tank, ensure that the tank is down to approximately one or
two gallons of fuel.
2. Ensure that LCFH is positioned so that the fuel tank drain (1) located on the underside of the heater
just below the fuel filler port and fuel gauge area is slightly downgrade to permit proper draining.
3. Place an approved, appropriated sized container under the fuel drain (1).
4. Remove the drain plug (2) from fuel tank and drain until empty.
5. When empty, install drain plug (2) and tighten securely.
6. Dispose of fuel according to unit SOP and local environmental regulations. Do not return fuel to the
bulk fuel container.