f. Description (Column (6)). This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identy the item.
(2) Not Applicable.
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the
assembled item line entry.
(5) NSNS for bulk materials are referenced in the description column in the line item entry for the
item to be manufactured/fabricated.
(6) When the part to be used differs between serial numbers of the same model, the effective
serial numbers are shown as the last line of the description.
(7) Not Applicable.
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOl).appears as the last line(s) in the entry
for each special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment.
When density of
equipments supported exceeds density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is
g. U/M (Column (7)). The Unit of Measure (U/M) indicates the measure (e.g., foot, gallon, pound) or
count (e. g., each, dozen, gross) of a listed item.
A two-character alpha code (e.g., FT, GL, LB, EA, DZ,
GR) appears in this column to indicate the measure or count.
If the U/M code appearing in this
column differs from the Unit of Issue (U/I) code listed in the Army Master Data File (AMDF), request
the lowest U/l that will satisfy your needs.
h. QTY INC IN UNIT (Column (8)). The Quantity Incorporated in Unit (QTY INC IN UNIT) indicates the
quantity of the item used in the breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a
functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly.
A V appearing in this column in lieu of a
quantity indicates that no specific quantity is applicable (e.g., shims, spacers).
A-4. Special Information.
a. Not Applicable.
b. Bulk materials required to manufacture items are listed in the Bulk Material Group of this manual.
NSNs for bulk materials are also referenced in the description column of the line entry for the item to
Detailed manufacturing instructions for items source coded to be
manufactured or fabricated are found in the maintenance section of this manual.
c. Detailed assembly instructions for items source coded to be assembled from component
spare/repair parts are found in the maintenance section of this manual. Items that make up the
assembly are listed immediately following the assembled item entry.
d. Line item entries for repair parts kits and sets appear as the last entries in the repair parts listing
for the figure in which their parts are listed as repair parts.
e. Not Applicable.
f. For a listing of all applicable publications pertaining to the Ml tank, see TM 9-2350-255-L, List
of Applicable Publications.