(12) Loosen cable clamp (29) and remove leads from cable
a s s e m b l y (30) to switch (27).
Remove cable (30).
(13) Remove Switch ring nut and remove switch (27) and
insulator ( 2 8 ) .
(2) Replace mica sheets (20) w h e n e v e r t h e y a r e r e m o v e d .
(3) Replace cover (14) and housing (32) if they are
(4) R e p l a c e c o m p o n e n t s d e t e r m i n e d t o b e d e f e c t i v e b y p a r a 9 .
Assembly is essentially the reverse of disas-
embly, keeping in mind the following important techniques:
(1) When replacing leads to electrical components check the
schematic/wiring inset of Fig. 2 and identifying tags on
Stagger mica insulation sheets (20, Fig. 2) to completely
Wrap the sheets around
insulate the heater element (19).
the heater element before installing cover (14) and
Place nozzle over the h e a t e r e l e m e n t a n d
Do not tear the mica insulation.
(3) After the gun has been reassembled, check air flow dis-
tribution by running the gun in HEAT and observing the
color of the element on both sides o f t h e c e r a m i c . I f
one side is m u c h b r i g h t e r t h a n t h e o t h e r , r e p o s i t i o n
mica after nozzle has cooled.
Service Troubles and Remedies
Gun plugged in but D e f e c t i v e p o w e r c a b l e .
does not o p e r a t e
Replace wheel (15)
Insufficient air flow
If low, re-
Install mica (20) pro-
or defective mica
perly, para 8, or re-
place if defective
Gun does not heat Defective heater
Check and tighten loose