TM 10-4520-262-12&P 0039 00
1. Using a flashlight or, if available, a 5X or 10X magnifier, inspect all surfaces of the heat
exchanger for any indication of cracks or corrosion that penetrate parent metal.
2. All welds must be inspected thoroughly. Typical welded areas are indicated in the accompanying
illustration and are represented by (W). A heat exchanger that leaks may present a hazard to
personnel within the tent being heated.
3. Minor surface corrosion that does not penetrate the parent metal may be removed with a wire
4. If any indication of cracks is found, replace the heat exchanger assembly.
5. If any corrosion appears to penetrate the parent metal, replace the heat exchanger assembly.