RECEPTACLE on the front of the heater.
(5) Connect the fuel supply line to the FUEL RECEPTACLE which has a 7/16-20 UNF-2A male thread. Tighten
securely. Connect a similar line for fuel overflow to the FUEL OVERFLOW fitting and drain to a safe area in case of
(6) This heater requires an external fuel pump. Use a 2-wire, 16-gage cable to connect the fuel pump to the
space heater. Connect the cable to the two-pin fuel pump plug, and plug into the EXTERNAL FUEL PUMP
RECEPTACLE on the front of the heater. A single 16-gage wire will be sufficient if the pump has a grounded body
During operation, the exhaust pipe becomes hot enough to cause combustion of
wood or other flammable building materials. Provide adequate fire-proofing
insulation between the exhaust pipe and wall to prevent fire.
(7) Connect the exhaust line to the exhaust fitting at the rear of the heater. Extend the line outside of the
enclosed area. Do not use more than 4 2-inch elbows, or more than 6 feet of pipe, to make connections. More elbows or
more pipe will restrict the exhaust flow and reduce heater efficiency.
a. General. The heater can also be operated horizontally on either its right or left side, or completely inverted from
the position shown in this manual. The necessary conversion steps are described below and illustrated in figure 4-2.
b. Right Side Mounting.
(1) Disconnect the fuel line from the carburetor. Remove the four machine screws and lock washers which
secure the carburetor to the burner head. Rotate the carburetor 90 degrees so that the float bowl is vertical, and reinstall
the screws. Reconnect the fuel line to the carburetor.
(2) Remove the screws that secure the assembled fuel receptacle and fuel filter and the fuel overflow receptacle
to the front of the heater case. Reverse the positions of these receptacles as well as their identification plates.
(3) After the fuel receptacle is secured, rotate the fuel filter so that the bowl is hanging below the filter body.
(4) Adjust the louver control handle to open or close the louvers as required.