Adhesive sealant, MIL-S- 46163, can
damage your eyes. Wear safety
goggles/glasses when using; avoid
contact with eyes. If sealant contacts
eyes, flush eyes with water and get
immediate medical attention.
Apply sealing compound to outer
surface of oil seal.
(6) Using a wooden block, install oil seal
(8) in hub and drum assembly (2).
Position hub and drum assembly (2)
on axle (7).
Apply grease to bearing.
Install bearing (6), washer (5), and nut
(4) on axle (7).
(10) Rotate the hub and drum assembly (2)
slowly while preloading nut (4) to
approximately 50 lb-ft (68 Nm).
(11) Loosen nut (4) to remove torque; do
not rotate hub and drum assembly (2).
(12) Tighten nut (4) until snug and back nut
out slightly until first notch lines up with
cotter pin hole.
(13) Install cotter pin (3) in axle (7).
(14) Install grease cap (1) on hub and drum
Install wheel and tire assembly (page 3-
Remove wheel chocks (page 2-35).
END OF TASK