b. Cleaning and Inspection.
Clean parts in a well-ventilated area. Avoid inhalation of solvent fumes and
prolonged exposure of skin to cleaning solvent. Wash exposed skin thoroughly.
Dry cleaning solvent (fed. spec. P-D-680) used to clean parts is potentially
dangerous to personnel and property. Do not use near open flame or excessive
(1) Using a dry cloth, wipe dirt and lint from the side panels and louvers. Remove greasy or gummy deposits with
a cloth dampened with solvent (P-D-680).
(2) Inspect louver springs for distortion or cracks. Replace if necessary.
(3) Inspect louver linkage and louver operating handle for bends which might interfere with smooth operation.
(4) Touch up any unpainted areas to prevent corrosion.
c. Reassembly. Reverse the disassembly procedure to reinstall the louver linkage and side panels.
DOORS AND BOTTOM COVER.
(1) With a screwdriver, release the stud turnlock fasteners (6, fig. 4-19) which hold the three access doors closed.
(2) If the doors must be taken off, remove nuts (1), lock washers (2), and screws (3).
(3) You can then remove the front access door (4), left side access door (7) and right side access door (8).
(4) The bottom panel (11) is removed by unscrewing the six screws (9) and removing lock washers (10).