b. Cleaning and Inspection.
Clean parts in a well-ventilated area. Avoid inhalation of solvent fumes and
prolonged exposure of skin to cleaning solvent. Wash exposed skin thoroughly.
Dry cleaning solvent (fed. spec. P-D-680) used to clean parts is potentially
dangerous to personnel and property. Do not use near open flame or excessive
heat. Flash point of solvent is 100° F (38° C).
(1) Clean the fuel lines and fittings thoroughly in a solvent (P-D-680), and dry completely.
(2) Inspect all metal parts for damaged threads, obstructions, cracks, or other failure. Replace if necessary.
(3) Tighten all fittings to stop leaks.
c. Reassembly. Reverse disassembly sequence.
This space heater contains dangerous voltages which can cause severe electrical
shock. Be sure to disconnect the power plug before repairing the heater.
(1) Disconnect the power plug and shut off the fuel supply.
(2) Open the side access doors.
(3) Loosen the thumb screw on the bail (1, fig. 4-22) and swing the bail to one side.
(4) Remove the bowl (2), gasket (3), and filter element (4) from filter (5). Pipe plug (6) should not be removed.
(5) If the entire fuel filter needs replacement, disconnect it from the fuel lines and fittings.