3-35. FUEL OIL FILTER MAINTENANCE - Continued.
(1) Inspect threads for signs of stripping, damage, or corrosion.
(2) Inspect bowl for cracks, holes, and leaks.
(3) Inspect filter head for cracks and corrosion.
Cleaning solvent, Federal specification P-D-680, is toxic and flammable. Use only in a well-
ventilated area. Avoid prolonged breathing of fumes. Keep solvent away from flames. Do not
use in excessive amounts. Avoid skin contact.
(1) Clean filter boss, bowl, and element in cleaning solvent (item 11, Appendix E).
(2) Allow to dry.
(1) Loosen bail nut (1), swing bail up and remove bowl (2), filter element (3), and gasket (4).
(2) Replace any damaged items.
Gasket (4) can be reused after it has been thoroughly dried.
(3) Place filter element (3) and gasket (4) into bowl (2) and install into filter head (5).
(4) Lower bail and tighten bail nut (1) to secure bowl (2).
Change 3 3-110