3-36. SIGHTGLASS MAINTENANCE - Continued.
(1) Lift up cover (1).
(2) Unscrew and remove sightglass (3) from fitting (2).
(1) Inspect sightglass threads for signs of stripping, damage, or corrosion.
(2) Inspect sightglass for cracks, and corrosion on metal.
Cleaning solvent, Federal specification P-D-680, is toxic and flammable. Use only in a well-
ventilated area. Avoid prolonged breathing of fumes. Keep solvent away from flames. Do not
use in excessive amounts. Avoid skin contact.
(1) Clean sightglass metal part with cleaning solvent (item 11, Appendix E).
(2) Allow to dry.
(3) Clean glass part of sightglass with glass cleaner (item 3, Appendix E).
(1) Install sightglass (3) and tighten securely into fitting (2).
(2) Close sightglass cover (1).