FIELD (UNIT) MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER
ELECTRICAL FUEL PUMP
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 2, WP 0092
MOS 63J or 52C
Main battery switch OFF and handle removed.
Fuel is toxic. Be sure to place a petroleum absorbent mat or tray below the
fuel pump to collect any fuel. Be sure to wipe up any spills with a rag.
1. To service the fuel pump (1), rotate the base cover (2) counterclockwise until it unlocks.
2. Carefully remove the base cover (2) taking care to catch any fuel that may spill.
3. Remove the fuel pump strainer (3) and clean using clean fuel or solvent.
4. After servicing, install the fuel pump strainer (3) into the fuel pump (1).
5. Install the base cover (2) and rotate clockwise to lock in position.
1. Disconnect the electrical connector (4) by pulling the two halves of the connector apart.
2. Loosen the fitting (5) on the fuel outlet hose (6) and remove, taking care to catch any fuel that may
3. Loosen the fitting (7) on the fuel inlet hose (8) and remove, taking care to catch any fuel that may
4. Take note of the orientation of the elbow fitting (9) on the outlet port (10) of the fuel pump and
remove. Clean any residual thread sealant that may be on the threads of the elbow fitting and set