and will only engage with engine shaft when properly oriented. Tighten set screw when
13. Align holes (18) on burner fuel pump with studs (19) on engine flywheel cover (20).
14. Install lock washers (14) and nuts (13) to studs (19) and tighten securely.
Do not apply thread sealant to threads of compression fitting.
15. Apply new thread sealant to threads of shut off valve and elbow assembly (12) and install at
fuel inlet side (21) of burner fuel pump (15). Do not apply thread sealant to elbow fitting
16. Install shut off valve and elbow assembly (12) taking care to return it to orientation noted
earlier. Tighten securely.
17. Apply thread sealant to threads of fitting assembly (10) that installs into burner fuel pump
(12). Install fitting assembly (10) into burner fuel pump port (11) taking care to return fitting
assembly to orientation noted earlier.
18. Apply thread sealant to the threads of the Tee fitting (9) that will install into the burner pump
outlet port. Do not apply thread sealant to threads of compression fittings for fuel hoses.
19. Install Tee fitting (9) into burner pump outlet port taking care to orient the fitting as noted
earlier. Tighten securely but oriented properly.
20. Noting tags and markings made earlier, install fuel hoses (8) to both sides of Tee fitting (9).
Tighten fittings (7) securely.
21. Install fuel hose (6). Install and tighten fitting (5) securely.
22. Install fuel hose (4). Install and tighten fitting (3) securely.
23. Install fuel hose (2). Install and tighten fitting (1).
24. Remove all tags and/or markings.
25. Once the new burner fuel pump is installed, it is necessary to check and adjust the system
pressure if necessary. To accomplish this, close all access panels except the burner access
panel and start the LCFH in VENT mode as described in WP 0005 00. Monitor the system
pressure gauge (22) located inside the fuel access door and ensure that it reads 180 psi. If
the system pressure is exactly 180 psi, no further action is required and the LCFH is ready for
operation. If system pressure is not 180 psi, take note of whether the system pressure is
greater than 180 psi or lower than 180 psi.
26. Shut the heater down and wait for the shut down sequence to complete. Place the main
battery shut down in the OFF position and remove the handle.