FIELD (UNIT) MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER
INLET FAN ASSEMBLY
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 2, WP 0092
MOS 63J or 52C
Main Battery Power Switch in the OFF position
and handle removed
1. Remove the bolt-on duct inlet collar (1) by removing eight screws (2), lock washers (3), and flat
washers (4). The safety screen (5) mounted in the collar can remain installed. Set bolt-on duct inlet
collar and mounting hardware aside.
2. Remove the fan inlet cone (6) by removing the eight screws (7), lock washers (8), and flat washers
(9). Set inlet cone and mounting hardware aside.
3. Remove the two bolts (10) from the fan QD hub (11).
4. Thread the bolts (10) into the "remove" holes (12) in the QD hub (11). Note that these screws work
like jack screws to break it loose from the fan and shaft.
5. Tighten bolts (10) evenly while threaded into "remove" holes (12) until the fan (13) breaks loose from
the shaft. Be sure that nuts (14) on rear side of fan assembly remain installed.
6. Insert QD hub inside fan assembly and thread the bolts into the "retaining" holes.
7. Install new fan (13) in position. Be sure that only inch of shaft protrudes through QD hub. Do not
push fan all the way onto shaft.
8. Install the two bolts (10) into the "retaining" holes (15) on the fan QD hub (11). Tighten securely.
9. Install the fan inlet cone (6) and align so that it does not rub on the fan (holes are over-sized).
10. Secure the fan inlet cone (6) with screws (7), lock washers (8), and flat washers (9).
11. Install the bolt-on duct inlet collar (1) and secure with screws (2), lock washers (3), and flat washers
(4). Ensure that the bar that spans the inlet collar is parallel with the top of the heater.