2. Disconnect the D+ regulator trio terminal (5), excitation terminal (6), A/C terminal (7), negative output
terminal (8), and positive output terminal (9).
3. Remove top tensioning bolt (2) and loosen lower bolt to relieve the belt tension on the alternator (3).
4. Remove the belt (1) from the alternator pulley (10).
To improve access to the alternator, it is suggested that the end of the engine air intake
hose connected to the engine be removed and pushed off to the side.
To ease removal of the lower bolt, it is suggested that a ratchet and socket be used on
the head of the bolt and a box end wrench be used to hold the nut on the opposite side in
5. Remove the bolt (2) and nut (11) at the base of the alternator (3) and remove the defective alternator
by first backing the alternator away from the mounting plate and rotating the alternator 90 degrees so
that the pulley faces the engine access bay opening. Pull the alternator straight out of the engine
6. Install a new alternator (3) by inserting the back of the alternator first and rotating the pulley end of
the alternator 90 degrees into position on the mounting plate. Align the hole (12) at the base of the
alternator with the hole (13) in the alternator mounting bracket.
7. Install the bolt (2) and lock nut (11) at the base of the alternator (3). Do not tighten securely at this
8. Swing the alternator (3) up into position and install the alternator belt (1) on the alternator pulley (10).
9. Install the top tensioning bolt (2) but do not tighten completely at this time.
10. Place a pry bar between the alternator (3) and the engine mounting bracket (4) and apply pressure to
the alternator so as to tension the belt. When there is no more than 1/4 inch of deflection in the belt,
tighten the two tensioning bolts (2).
11. Connect the D+ regulator trio terminal (5), excitation terminal (6), A/C terminal (7), negative output
terminal (8), and positive output terminal (9) as tagged earlier.
12. Remove all tags and markings.
13. Reinstall engine air intake hose if removed earlier.