The engine must be standing level and be switched off. Be sure to change the oil when
the engine is warm (not hot) so that the engine oil remains easy to drain. Be sure to
collect the used oil and dispose of in accordance with Unit SOP and local regulations.
1. Remove engine oil drain hose (1) from clamp (2) .
2. Direct oil drain hose (1) into an approved container and remove oil drain plug (3) and allow the oil
to drain out.
3. Clean the oil drain plug (3) and install on oil drain hose (1).
4. Return engine oil drain hose (1) to clamp (2).
Only MIL-L-46167 Arctic Engine Oil is approved for use with the LCFH. Using an oil other
than that approved may result in difficult starting and/or damage to the diesel engine.
5. Add 1.2 quarts (1.1 liters) of MIL-L-46167 Engine Oil, Arctic via the oil level dipstick opening (4).
Check oil level by inserting, but not screwing in, the dipstick into the dipstick opening. Fill to the
upper mark (5) on the dipstick.