FIELD (UNIT) MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER (LCFH)
OIL FILL CAP
REMOVE, INSPECT, INSTALL
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 2, WP 0092
MOS 63J or 52C
Heater shut down and cool.
Engine bay access door open.
Main battery switch OFF and handle removed
Engine maintenance requires metric tools for the removal of all hardware and
Remove engine oil fill cap (1) from engine block (2). Remove O-ring (3).
1. Inspect oil fill cap (1) for obvious damage.
2. Inspect O-ring (3) for cuts, tears, or permanent set. Replace O-ring if it will not allow a proper seal.
3. Inspect area around oil fill port for evidence of leakage. Clean area of dirt and accumulated grime
using a clean rag.
1. Apply a light coat of lubricating oil to O-ring (3) and install into oil fill port.
2. Insert engine oil fill cap (1) into engine block (2).