FIELD (UNIT) MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER (LCFH)
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 2, WP 0092
MOS 63J or 52C
Heater shut down and cool.
Engine bay access door open.
Main battery switch OFF and handle removed.
1. Remove the combustion blower as detailed in the section of this work package entitled REPLACE.
2. Rotate the combution blower by hand and ensure that it rotates freely and that there is no binding or
3. If a 24VDC power supply is available, connect it to the combustion blower and verify that it rotates
freely and without binding.
4. Replace a defective combustion blower fan as detailed in the section of this work package entitled
1. Disconnect the combustion blower wiring harness (1) by separating the two halves of the connector.
2. Loosen and remove large hose clamp (2) and four nuts (3) securing plate (4) to burner housing.
Remove plate from burner housing and set aside with hardware.
3. Remove the eight screws (5) and flatwashers (6) that secure the combustion blower assembly (7) to
the combustion fan housing (8).
4. Remove the combustion blower assembly (7).
5. Install a new combustion blower assembly (7) by aligning the holes in the combustion blower flange
with the holes in the combustion fan housing (8).
6. Install eight screws (5) and flatwashers (6). Tighten securely.
7. Install plate (4) set aside earlier to burner housing with four nuts (3) and large hose clamp (2).
8. Connect the combustion blower wiring harness connector (1).