FIELD (UNIT) MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER (LCFH)
BURNER NOZZLE AND ELECTRODE ASSEMBLY
REMOVE, ADJUST, SERVICE, INSTALL, REPLACE
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 2, WP 0092
MOS 63J or 52C (Two personnel or holding
Heater shut down and cool.
Burner access door open.
Main battery switch OFF and handle removed
1. Loosen clamp (1) and remove flame sensor assembly (2). Set flame sensor and clamp aside.
2. Remove the sight glass and coupler assembly (3) by grasping coupler with slip joint pliers and turning
counterclockwise. Set sight glass and coupler assembly aside.
3. Loosen band clamp (4) securing the combustion blower motor (5) to combustion air mounting bracket
4. Remove the nuts, lockwashers, flat washers (7), and wiring harness clamp securing the combustion
air mounting bracket (6) to the upper burner cover (8). Set cover and hardware aside.
5. Slide the combustion air mounting bracket (6) back along the combustion blower motor (5) to free it
from the threaded studs (9). Set mounting bracket and hardware aside.
6. Remove the four nuts, lock washers, flat washers (10), and wiring harness clamp securing the upper
burner cover (8).
7. Disconnect ignition pack wire harness (11).
8. Carefully remove upper burner cover (8) with ignition pack (12) and pressure gauge (13) attached.
9. Disconnect the two high voltage ignition cables (14) connected to the burner electrode connectors
10. Tag and mark the two fuel lines (16 and 17) and pressure gauge line (18) in order to identify them
properly during the install process.
11. Loosen the fittings (19, 20, and 21) and remove the two fuel lines (16 and 17) and the pressure
gauge line (18). Use a rag to clean up any spilled fuel. Set the burner cover assembly aside.
12. Remove the four nuts, lockwashers, and flat washers (22) securing the burner nozzle and electrode
assembly (23) to the burner cone.