5. Adjust fuel injection timing in accordance with section of this work package entitled FUEL INJECTION
TIMING ADJUSTMENT before connecting rigid fuel pipe (1) and fuel hose (2) to injection pump (3).
FUEL INJECTION TIMING ADJUSTMENT
1. Remove flywheel housing (WP 0045 00). Disconnect rigid fuel pipe (1) and fuel hose (2) from
injection pump (3) if not removed earlier.
2. Set governor speed control handle to RUN position.
3. Rotate flywheel one revolution in the clockwise direction until T position mark (13) on flywheel
matches V mark (14) off line on cylinder body fin. This is the top dead center (TDC) position. There
should be some fuel coming out of the fuel injection pump. If fuel is not present, rotate the flywheel
another revolution clockwise.
4. Turn flywheel counter-clockwise about 30 degrees from T position mark.
5. Slowly turn flywheel clockwise until fuel flows from injection pump, then stop rotation.
6. Use timing marks on flywheel to determine flywheel position. Marks are 5 degrees apart. Flywheel
should be 16 to 18 degrees before TDC position. Therefore, the V mark off line should be aligned
between the third and fourth flywheel timing marks before the TDC position mark.
7. Repeat steps 4 through 6 two or three times to make sure reading is accurate. Fuel injection should
begin when flywheel is rotated 16 to 18 degrees from TDC position mark.