Cleaning solvents are flammable and toxic to eye, skin, and respiratory
tract. Skin and eye protections are required when working in contact with
cleaning solvents. Avoid repeated or prolonged contact. Work in well
ventilated area only. Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flame. Do not
smoke while using cleaning solvent. Failure to observe this warning can
result in injury or death to personnel.
1. Clean components with cleaning solvent and a clean rag. Allow to air dry.
1. Inspect crankcase cover (2) for cracks, deformation, or obvious damage. Inspect mating surfaces for
scratches, burrs, or blemishes. Replace cover if damaged.
2. Inspect cover gasket for damage or deformation. Replace if damaged in any way.
3. Inspect outer rotor (12) and inner rotor portion (13) of oil pump (11) for signs of excessive or uneven
wear. Fit inner rotor into outer rotor and measure gap at various points. Gap between inner and outer
rotors must not exceed 0.0098 inch (0.25 mm). Replace outer rotor (12) and oil pump (11) as an
assembly if excessively worn, damaged, or out of limits.
4. Measure the outside diameter (OD) of outer rotor (12). OD must be 1.1378 inches (28.90 mm),
minimum. Replace outer rotor (12) and oil pump (11) as an assembly if out of limits.