TM 10-4520-262-12&P 0026 00
SPACE HEATER, CONVECTIVE
DUST COVER ASSEMBLY
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 1, WP 0044 00)
Alcohol (Item 2, WP 0067 00)
Rags (Item 5, WP 0067 00)
Heater shut down and all advisory lights off. (WP
Clean parts in a well-ventilated area. Avoid inhalation of alcohol fumes. Alcohol is
potentially dangerous to personnel. Do not use near open flame, excessive heat, or on
very hot surfaces.
1. Inspect the dust cover (1) for any dents, cracks, cuts, or other damage that would prevent the
dust cover from covering the duct adapter and properly protecting the heater from dust, sand, or
other foreign mattter.
2. Inspect the chain (2) for any cuts or breaks that would prevent it from securing the dust cover to
the lower housing of the heater.
3. Wipe dust cover (1) thoroughly with a clean, dry rag. For oily or stubborn dirt, moisten rag with
1. Pull dust cover (1) off duct adapter (3).
2. Remove screw (4), lockwasher (5), flat washer (6), nut (7), chain (2), and dust cover (1). Discard
damaged dust cover.
3. Position chain over hole in lower housing and install screw (4), lockwasher (5), flatwasher (6), and
4. Install dust cover (1) on duct adapter (2).