Change 1 4-22.11
4-16.1 REPLACING THE CONTROL PANEL ASSEMBLY FOR MODEL 471012 (Continued)
(3) If any of the pins are bent, broken or shorted, replace the receptacle (1), as described
(Subparagraph 4-16.1o, steps (1) thru (7)).
(4) If not, check the two wires (2) between pins A and B of the receptacle (1) and the circuit board (3) to
determine if the wires are correctly connected and securely attached. Perform a continuity check on
these two wires. Pin C should have no connection.
If a wire has to be spliced together, the splice must be soldered and
covered with heat shrink tubing or equivalent.
(4) If the wires are loose, solder the wires securely to their correct locations and touch up soldered
connections, on both sides of the circuit board (3), with conformal coating.
(6) If a repair was made, verify that the HWR is now operating correctly.
o. Replacing the Receptacle.
(1) Remove the control panel (Subparagraph 4-16.1a, steps (1) thru (4)).
(2) Unsolder the wires connected to pins A and B of the receptacle (1). Pin C has no wire connection.
(3) Remove the screw, washer, and lock nut that secure the power transistor (2) to the control plate (3).