Change 1 2-13
2-9. OPERATING PROCEDURES FOR MODEL RAK-15 (Continued)
WATER SPILLAGE. Always ensure that the cover is properly closed and
latched before operating the HWR or at any time that the host vehicle is
mobile. Failure to secure the cover can result in the accidental spillage of
OVERHEATING. To avoid overheating, do not operate without water
in the outer container. Overheating can result in the HWR becoming
(10) Set the LO/OFF/HI switch (1) to HI and verify that the POWER ON lamp (2) and
HEATER ON lamp (16) are both on.
(11) Water has been heated to the selected temperature when the HEATER ON lamp (16)
goes off again.
HEATED WATER. When dispensing heated water, always use a
suitable vessel and avoid contact with the tap spigot, which will be
extremely hot. Failure to comply can result in serious burn injuries.
HYGIENE WATER. Always cool heated water by adding sufficient
cold potable water before using for hygiene purposes. Heated water
can cause serious burn injuries.
(12) Set the LO/OFF/HI switch (1) to OFF and dispense heated water as required by
operating the pull-action tap (17).
If a continuous supply of heated water is needed, leave the LO/OFF/HI
switch set to LO or Hl. The water will then be thermostatically maintained
at the selected temperature for as long as required.
(13) If further heating of water is not required, set the LO/OFF/Hl switch (1) to OFF and verify
that the POWER ON lamp (2) is off.
(14) Using the tap (17), drain-off any remaining water and dispose of in accordance with
WATER/FOOD CONTAMINATION (2). Always ensure that the inner
container and cover are clean before fitting them to the HWR. Dirt or other
debris will result in the contamination of water or food.
(15) Install the inner container (13).
(16) Install the cover (8) as described in steps (8) and (9).