Change 1 3-7
3-6. CLEANING FOR MODEL RAK-15 (Continued)
a. Preliminary/Final Procedures.
(1) To prepare the HWR for cleaning, perform steps (1) thru (6) of Subparagraph 2-9a.
(2) To return the HWR to normal service, perform steps (9) thru (11) of Subparagraph
b. Cleaning the Inner/Outer Containers and Tap. Perform the following procedural steps in the given
(1) Prepare the HWR for cleaning in accordance with step (1) of Subparagraph 3-6a.
If required, the fold-down wire handle (1) can be removed from the inner
container (2) by squeezing the vertical arms towards the center until both
ends are clear of the bearing sockets.
(2) Remove any loose food from the inner container (2) and outer container (3) by
(3) Fill the outer container (3) with clean, potable water up to the one-gallon level line (4)
embossed on the rear wall.
(4) Set the LO/OFF/Hl switch (5) to LO and verify that the POWER ON lamp (6) and
HEATER ON lamp are both on.
(5) When the HEATER ON lamp (7) goes off again (i.e., water is at selected temperature),
set the LO/OFF/HI switch (5) to OFF and verify that the POWER ON lamp (6) is off.
(6) Using the pull-action tap (8), half-fill the inner container (2) with heated water from the
outer container (3).